USD 492 Employment Opportunities
USD 492 Job Postings
Flinthills USD 492 is a small rural school district with close access to Wichita and Interstate 35. Flinthills has high academic standards, many opportunities to participate in sports and activities, and a very supportive community. Flinthills USD 492 includes schools in the communities of Rosalia and Cassoday. Located east of El Dorado in eastern Butler County, the school is a progressive 1A school district with enrollment averages of 260 students. The district has a K-2 building located in Cassoday while grades 3-12 attend school in buildings located in Rosalia.
The district also offers online learning through the Flinthills Virtual Program. All district facilities were renovated in 2002 as result of a bond issue. Technology used in the district includes a 1:1 laptop initiative grades 6-12 and a 1:1 IPad initiative PreK-5.
Extracurricular activities include a full offering of sports including football, volleyball, wrestling, basketball, baseball, softball, and track. Non-athletic activities include cheerleading, drama, forensics, scholars bowl, band, vocal and FFA.
The district sets extremely high standards for its students and has programs in place to help ALL students succeed.
A single health insurance policy is paid for by the district. Options exist for contributions towards a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA). The District also offers a retirement match benefit. Base Salary is $38,500. Our Negotiated Agreement can also be accessed above.
Interested applicants should submit: 1) Letter of Inquiry; 2) Resume; 3) Application; and 4) 3 Letters of Recommendation with contact information to Jeremy Boldra, USD 492 - Flinthills, 806 SE Rosalia Rd, Rosalia, KS 67132 OR email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Certified Performance Responsibilities
1. Plans a program of study that follows district guidelines, and, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of all students.
2. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
3. Guides the learning process toward the mastery of curriculum goals, and establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects that are clearly communicated to students.
4. Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting the district`s published objectives.
5. Assess the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required by policy and as requested by the administration.
6. Directly supervises all students to which he/she is assigned. Supervises students in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to which he/she is employed or assigned to sponsor. Assumes supervision responsibilities as directed by the principal.
7. Assists in the referral and diagnoses of students with learning difficulties, seeking assistance from district specialists as required.
8. Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis, and as requested by the administration.
9. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing students` life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure; maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
10. Observes all policies, rules, and regulations of the board as stated in the policy handbook, faculty handbooks, and student handbooks.
11. Observes established duty hours of the school day.
12. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteers(s) and evaluates their job performance.
13. Maintains and strives to improve professional performance and competence.
14. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
15. Follows the appropriate procedures for ordering supplies, materials, and expending from activity accounts.
16. Facilitate cooperation between all persons in the school community.
17. Adhere to all district health and safety policies.
18. Support the mission of the school district.
19. Other duties assigned by the administration.
For more information on any employment opportunities with USD 492 please visit Kansas Teaching Jobs Online.